This is an exercise borrowed from the Chinese and its purpose is to promote better eyesight. It relieves stress in the eye and the area surrounding the eyes. As it is based on Chinese acupressure it releases energy flows, or “Qi” or “Chi” energy.
You can combine all of these eye acupressure areas in one routine, or pick and choose certain points.
Massage these points seven times in one circular direction, then seven times in the opposite direction. You can use your thumbs or your index finger to do this.
Circular motions on these acupressure points:
- Side of nose, next to the corner of the eye
- Under the eyebrow, the left and right of the top of the nose
- Start of the eyebrow, where the bone behind the eyebrow turns into the bridge of your nose
- Corner of the eye, one the bone in the corner of the eye
- Above the cheekbone
- Under the eye, on the bone just below your eye, in line with your pupil if you look straight ahead
- Side of nose, under pupil. Helps relieve pressure in the sinuses